Link to Ninnau, the Welsh-American Newspaper
HISTORY AND GENEALOGY
- This site about Ellis Island was recommended by Alex Boyd, a student learning about his family tree as part of a school social studies project. Thank you, Alex, for this reference.
- The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales
- Family history research in Mid-Wales.
- A photography service for photos of buildings, churches, and other items of genealogical interest
- Another source of genealogical information.
- S site of genealogical interest: UK birth, marriage, and death certificate source
- Old photos of sites in North Wales
- Information about the Rhondda Valleys
- History and genealogy information from home advisor
- Holiday information about Wales for overseas, international, and UK tourists can be found at http://www.fly2Wales.co.uk
- Holiday cottages in Pembrokeshire: go to http://www.welsh-cottages.co.uk
- Tanycastell: stay in hisotric cottage in Snowdonia
- Information about the Llandeilo area
- Pictures from the Vale of Clwyd
- General web site for those interested in a visit to Wales
- Tourist information
- Visit Mid-Wales online.
- Welsh tours
- Holiday cottage in West Wales
- Clyne Farms, a possible vacation destination in the Swansea area.
- Holiday cottages in South Wales
- To hear Welsh words and phrases pronounced, go to http://www.ivona.com/en/?tk=37XnyXGfrZ , a text to voice site.
- A new and popular Welsh learning site: SaySomethingin Welsh.com
- Join the Big Welsh Challenge with Welsh lessons on line.
- Web site about poet Dafydd ap Gwilym
- Robert Humphries’ Welsh-language “blog”
- About a daily newspaper yn Gymraeg
- The Bible in Welsh on line.
- The Anglican Book of Common Prayer on line
- Cymdeithas Madog’s Welsh-language course, Cwrs Cymraeg, is a great place to learn Welsh!
- Study Welsh language, music and more at Welsh Heritage Week
- Products and information about Myddfai village in the Brecon Beacons , home of the Physicians of Myddfai
- Landscape and portrait painting by Thomas Daniel Jones
- Welsh books
- A Welsh e-book
- Welsh furniture makers using traditional methods.
WELSH AND WELSH-AMERICAN CULTURE
- To arrange for a wonderful performance of Dylan Thomas’s “A Child’s Christmas in Wales” contact actor Michael O’Rourke
- Great Plains Welsh Heritage Project web site
- Click here to find out more about a choral group being formed by Trefor Williams and friends, Milwaukke Metropolitan Voices
- The Welsh National Anthem
- Welsh heroes list : Information about 100 prominent Welsh people past and present
- Eisteddfod Genedlaethol Cymru (The National Eisteddfod of Wales)
- Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru (National Library of Wales)
- Lots of data on a wide variety of subjects
- Check here for activities of Madison’s Celtic organization.
- The Wales Milleniuym Centre: arts scene in Wales
- You can join the supporters of the Welsh Rugby Union
- Welsh GymanfaGanu Association of Wisconsin at http://wggaw.org
- Writings of Owen Ceri Jones from South Wales: go to http://owencerijones.com
- Presentations about music and music history Dr. Dulais Rhys. (Dr. Rhys, who now lives in the San Francisco area has done presentations in Wisconsin about composer Joseph Parry .)